Thursday, January 13, 2011

Afternoon Miracle

This afternoon I had a headache and was feeling sick so I laid on the couch for a rest.... an hour and a half later I woke up from this lovely dream....

My husband and I had been visiting with an old woman in church and she was telling us about how her health was in decline. She did not have the use of her arms nor her legs very well. She also had back problems. She invited us to something she was going to be a part of and told us we could come after 3.

Josh and I decided to go to this old woman's event and it was an indoor swimming pool. We arrived just in time to see our old woman friend with her husband and another younger man with his wife in the pool. They took a second to say hello and said, "watch!" The younger man then pushed from the side of the pool and swam across to the other side. The old woman then did the same except a little better. They were people who were in some kind of accident and both disabled. They were not able to walk without assistance on land.... but in the pool they could swim on their own. Everyone cried as they witnessed a miracle that had taken place. I was filled with overwhelming feelings of joy as I watched 2 people find something that they could do without assistance from anyone else. It was a miracle.

I woke up when my husband came home from work and my first words to him were that I witnessed a miracle in my dreams. I marveled because I feel that I have never witnessed a miracle happen in my own life. However, the more that I think of it, I know I have. My brother in law was able to baptize his daughter after some big obstacles. My step mother through lots of pain and struggle, was able to give birth to my brother- the most precious little boy I can imagine. I don't know why I had this dream but it was so sweet. If not for any other reason, I'm glad that it can help me remember the miracles I've seen with my eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment