Thursday, January 27, 2011

France and other sweet things

Lately I've been dreaming A LOT.  Every time I fall asleep and wake up, I've had a dream.  Even if I sleep for an hour, I'll dream.  So, here are a jumble of dreams I've had lately.

1)  There were about 8 people in a small house but I was in the kitchen with Grandma Dianne.  We were sitting at a table and talking for a long time just chatting and drinking lemonade.  It was sweet and lovely.

2)  More arguing and frustrating dreams.... I spent most of this particular dream trying to organize and get ready for what was my UNLV graduation.  I cleaned and put everything in its place until lots of family showed up to stay in my room.  It quickly turned into an unorganized mess.  When I tried to shower and get ready in time and everyone was getting in my way, someone from my family showed up and said, "Hurry up!  If you aren't ready, we'll leave without you.  Let other people get things done too.  This day isn't all about you!"  When clearly it was!  I was the one graduating!  Frustrating...

3) I had a random dream in there where I was in a school room full of random people and 6 guys that I've kissed before.  Ugh.  I spent a good part of the dream trying to dodge all of them.

4)  Speaking of ex-boyfriends, I had a dream about a particular one that called me and wanted to get back together.  I listened to him ramble on about how he was doing this and that and thought it would win me over.  I felt really weird as I said, "Have you not looked at facebook and realized I'm married?!"  He then told me that I should leave whoever I was with for him because we were meant to be together.  I then went on to tell him that he was basically a moron.  You know how in the movie "You've Got Mail" Meg Ryan's character explains that she wish she could tell someone off with what she's feeling in the moment?  Well, in my dream, I did it.  I said all these things about how I married the coolest person on the planet and how he could never compare.  It made me feel pretty good... although I don't think I could ever talk to someone that way in real life...

5)  This last dream, made me wake up with a smile on my face and laughing.

I started out in an apartment that my husband and I were considering buying.  We walked around a beautiful place with a deck.  It had white walls and cobalt blue accents in the kitchen.  It was gorgeous.  Eventually, my family showed up and my uncle Al was walking around telling me how beautiful the place was.  Josh told us it was a steal and decided to put in an offer right away.  We decided to check out the surrounding complex.  It ended up opening up into a high end hostel (is there such a thing?) and then to a beautiful grassy field and eventually a beach.  My Dad and I were chattering about how no one else was on the beach and how people were so silly not to be hanging out.

Eventually, a flat bed semi truck came to pick up all of my family for a ride along the coast and I kept talking about how beautiful it was.  Josh pulled a laptop out of nowhere and showed me that we were actually in France.  I was sooo excited!  As we were riding along, my family started complaining about everything.  For some reason, two of my old roommates were there.  One of them was holding their baby but decided to let their baby roam.  One of the other roommates said she would watch it but she was careless and the baby fell off the truck as we were riding along.  The kid fell off into some water and started swimming.  Everyone was mad but for some reason I was laughing!  I knew the baby wasn't hurt so it was hilarious!

Later, my family was walking through some beautiful streets and I was trying to take some pictures but my camera was kind of broken.  The old buildings were gorgeous and they opened up into a beautiful panoramic view of a city/valley.  There was a big arch in the background that looked like the Wellington arch.  My family continued to complain about everything but my uncle Henry was cool and asked me to take his picture.  I exclaimed that it was a great idea and someone from my family said, "Well if it's such a good idea, why don't you take a picture instead of taking a picture of us?!"  Clearly people were irritated with my excitement of being in a pretty place.  So, I handed my camera to my Dad to take our picture and then I woke up.

If only I could move to France...

No comments:

Post a Comment