Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Celebrity Filled Nights

I have been dreaming the last few nights but I've chosen not to post them.  I had some intense dreams of fighting with family and people that I love... so I've chosen not to share them.

Three nights ago...

I found myself in a forest with a river.  It looked like there was a music video being filmed in a nearby tree and Beyonce and Michelle Williams were suspended by wires and dangling sexily from it.  They were wearing neutral colors and singing... that's all.

Two nights ago...

I was traveling somewhere that in my dream told me was Haiti.  It was terrible.  I traveled around the country with my friend Chrissy and we both knew the country was very unstable.  We walked through a rocky desert to a stand that sold fruit and drinks.  I was dying of thirst but I didn't have exact change so the woman at the stand got really mad at me.  Suddenly, we were overtaken by men with guns and Chrissy pulled me to safety.  Gun fire went back and forth between the masked men on a vehicle and the woman and her family at the food stand.  As quickly as it came, it went.  Chrissy and I were left without a way to get around or understand where we were going so she and I started walking away as quickly as we could talking about how crazy the world was and how everyone was ridiculous.  Not such a difference from real life...

Last night...
I don't remember much of my first dream except that I was chasing after Joel McHale.  My husband's favorite show is Community and the last few weeks we've been watching episodes before we go to bed.  I think somehow I've developed a crush on him as I spent all night lusting after him in my dreams.  I remember talking to him and us expressing interest in each other but never actually being in the same place to be able to hang out.  As a married woman, this makes me feel super guilty knowing I spent most of my night chasing after him!  I blame Josh!  The weird thing is that in my dreams, I always remember my morals.  Like, even though I was chasing after Joel, I somehow felt a small voice saying, "don't do anything..."  I like to think my conscience still knows what's going on in my dreams but my brain doesn't listen to it.  The most awkward part of all of this was that my husband was in my dream too but appeared as his 21 year old self.  He had gauged ears and a baby face.  I felt really weird seeing him in my dream while also lusting after "Jeff Winger."  Ugh.

At some point I woke up in the night then I fell back asleep...

In the next part of my dream, I saw Gwen Stefani.  She was shorter than I thought and had pink hair wrapped up in a hat.  She walked into a bathroom/dressing room thing and I looked at Josh and said, "Is that her?!"  he nodded and encouraged me to go so I gave him my coat so I could stalk her.  By the time I turned around to go after her, there were people blocking the door.  For some reason, I thought there was a door into the girls room from the mens room so without hesitation, I walked into the mens room.  There were men around, doing their business at urinals when there was a loud bang behind me.  A guy dressed in green spandex with spiky green hair hurled a laser beam/force field in my direction.  The rest of the dream was a blur but it was a blur of me in a sweet black Tron type outfit doing ninja kicks, dodging lasers, and generally kicking butt.  I impressed my husband as he stood on the side and watched me slay the bad guy.  In the end, I saw Gwen and she talked to me about the crazy ninja dude.  Pretty cool.  

Josh's assessment of my dreams is that 1)  I'm in love with Joel McHale because I had 1 other dream about him months ago.  2)  I'm much more athletic in my dreams than real life.  Hmm...  I just like that I consistently dream about Josh and that I know where he is... even in my dreams.  

No comments:

Post a Comment