Friday, February 25, 2011

Hotels

I'm going to change the names of some of the people in my next dream because I'd like to protect that... I don't like censoring normally but this is one of those things I'd rather not talk about.  This happened last night...

I began in a hotel that was very posh.  All of the furniture and colors of the hotel were black and gray.  I wandered in this hotel without aim but I stumbled upon a hotel room that one of my old friends was in.  "Lauren" and I used to be good friends but I was not happy to see her.  I told her to go away and that she didn't belong in that room.  I hated seeing her there and felt threatened by her.  She looked at me like she didn't understand but I was strong and knew that she wasn't good.  She quietly left and we didn't talk.  (I find it strange that the relationship I have with this person is different than in my dream... but does have a very cold feeling to it.)  I continued to walk around the hotel until I found a balcony.  I scaled down it into the balcony just below and walked into the hotel room.  I found a woman, Jessica, in bed with a man that I knew wasn't her husband.  I left the room quickly and she followed.  I yelled at her and asked how she could do this to her husband and she said, "Yeah... well... I know... I messed up."  She was very casual about it and it drove me crazy.  I walked away from her and wandered the hotel thinking about how I couldn't believe what she had done.  She didn't give me a reason... she just admitted that she had done it. Which somehow, made me even more crazy!  I hated that she was so casual about admitting it!  I kept thinking that it couldn't be true... that any minute she would say she was just kidding... but she didn't.  She just kept admitting it.  

I have been thinking about what all of this means...  This person I call "Jessica" is someone that I think is near perfect.  She is much older than me and is basically the person I want to be when I get older.  Something that stands out about this dream is the feeling of disbelief.  I know "Jessica" would NEVER do this in real life.  The conclusion I am left with is that in some ways I expect the worst in situations. I expect people to go through a dramatic change.  I have seen some very close people in my life go "crazy" and start to live a completely different life.  I think by this person being "Jessica", a person that I love and admire and want to be when I grow up, I think a fear is shining through that I will in some way change and "go crazy"  I also find it strange that the first girl in the dream, "Lauren" is someone that went "crazy"  

Another dream I had this morning is one about wandering around the Las Vegas strip with random people.  
We were trying to find a hotel room to have a party in but we had to walk very far and I left all of my things in the car.  As we walked forever, with random people including Josh, my friend Larissa, and other people, I felt super confused about where we were going because I just wanted to party.  For some reason, I kept thinking that we were there for a bachelorette party... and that's all I remember.
(This is a picture of me at my bachelorette party in Las Vegas with my bestest girls including Larissa- bottom right)

I am not an advocate of "Dream Interpretation" but I do find it interesting and I feel 80% of the time it is applicable to my dreams.  One site that I like is www.dreammoods.com.  On their site, they say "To see a hotel in your dream, signifies a new state of mind or a shift in personal identity. You are undergoing some sort of transition and need to move away from your old habits and old way of thinking."  So maybe even my dreams are telling me to move on and worry about new things and trust myself.  Interesting... It sounds like good advice so I'll take it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment